The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing the email strategy and overseeing the day-to-day operational process of email deployment. The Email Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Digital Marketing.
Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing
Position is a Full Time
• Manage the execution and operational work flow for the email marketing strategy.
• Assist with development of email marketing roadmap and strategies that support our business objectives.
• Review the competitive landscape and work with agency to implement best practices for email marketing
• Generate website traffic, revenue and loyalty through the email marketing channel.
• Work with agency to analyze and report regularly on email campaign results and KPIs, highlighting successes, trends and opportunities
• Develop forecasts for email programs and be accountable for achieving against these objectives and goals.
• Drive email strategy with content, relevancy and smart segmentation and personalization.
• Proactively drive the email calendar from past campaign learnings and best practices; develop strategies to meet engagement goals for the channel
• Develop creative, including writing creative briefs, overseeing creative services team in the collection of input from internal and external partners and providing feedback to the creative agency. Ensure creative reflects previous learnings, incorporates best practices and fits with our brand look and feel
• Manage daily operations of the email marketing channel – marketing calendar, promotional planning, creative design approvals, execution and deployment of email campaigns, measurement and analytics
• Report on performance for email marketing on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and measure against agreed upon KPI’s
• Manage list segmentation, triggered emails, life cycle campaigns, seasonal promotions, A/B testing to improve performance and efficiency of email marketing.
• Manage against acquisition goals and test new tactics to increase our active email subscribers
• Improve and integrate more automation into the email campaign creation process.
• Use analytical data to continuously test, measure and optimize the email marketing program
• Work closely with agency to develop and execute an email marketing technical roadmap of functional and technological email marketing improvement of capabilities.
• Work cross functionally with different stakeholders in the organization
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of email marketing programs or processes from in-depth knowledge of campaign management and email execution tools.
• Maintain pulse on industry trends and best practices, technologies, competitive landscape, etc. and apply those findings
• Measure and analyze performance metrics and data to proactively and continuously refine strategies that drive results
• 3+ years’ experience in email marketing with a heavy focus on analytics, KPI tracking, customer lifecycle and targeting
• Ability to manage the creation and segmentation of contact lists and presents proposals for new campaigns
• Expertise with email service providers and automation tools (knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus)
• Experience with A/B test strategies and implementation.
• Knowledge of email best practices and reputation management.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Basic Photoshop skills – cropping, resizing, using layers for basic compositing. Design experience/skill not required but always a plus.
• Flexibility and an ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Exceptional time management and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to work independently and mange own time efficiently
• Requires strong analytical, creative and communication skills
• Proactive planning with a sharp attention to detail
• U.S. citizen
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6 years+ business experience
If you’re interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, salary requirements, references and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org