In case you missed it, Google Marketing Livestream 2021 took place May 27, 2021 and (to no one’s surprise) was completely virtual this year! We have the recap just for you, plus the on-demand viewing for all of the sessions available here.
After a tumultuous pandemic year, the world of Search has changed dramatically. Google is looking back at 2020 and using those insights to build for the future.
“Last year, we revamped our roadmap with simple, helpful solutions like curbside pickup for Local Inventory Ads and booking services directly in Search results through Local Services Ads,” said Jeffy Dischler, vp/general manager, Ads, Google, “In 2021 we’re continuing to fine-tune our products to help advertisers connect with consumers even as the world around us keeps changing.”
- Privacy is #1: Transitioning to a future without cookies. How do we do that?
- Properly use consented first party data.
- Be forward thinking and predictive – utilize machine learning and automated trends whenever they are available.
- Commit to new technologies that preserve privacy – Chrome’s Privacy Sandbox is where anyone can submit proposals and run experiments focused on privacy techniques.
- Measurement is key: Focus on privacy-safe measurement. How do we do that?
“On average, Consent Mode recovers 70% of conversion journeys lost due to user consent choices,” said Vidhya Srinivasan, vp/gm, Ads Buying, Analytics and Measurement, Google.
- New Advertiser Experience – coming soon! There will be three new types of insights: demand forecasts, consumer interest themes, and audience insights.
- Automation drives results
- Automation products are even better together. “For example, companies that switch from phrase match keywords to broad match keywords in campaigns that use Target CPA bidding see 25% more conversions,” Dischler said.