Why Choose Vizion for PPC Audits?
At Vizion, we pride ourselves on our comprehensive and data-driven digital marketing services. We recognize that your business is unique, and we strive to showcase this uniqueness to your audience through a combination of creative and fully customized marketing strategies. Our team is committed to helping your business thrive and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is a crucial part of our toolkit. With an effective PPC campaign, we can engage your potential audience, drive more traffic to your site, and turn qualified leads into loyal, paying customers.
Our Approach to PPC Audits
As with all our auditing services, Vizion takes a highly thorough, entirely customizable approach to PPC audits. Depending on the needs and wants of your business, our approach to PPC audit services will vary—personally, we believe that this is the only effective way to go about a PPC audit. For this process to be successful, we need to keep your business and its goals in mind.
Vizion will perform a custom audit, tailored exactly to your business’s goals. After we finish the PPC account review, we’ll be able to provide you with actionable recommendations. These recommendations can then be prioritized to boost performance.
As a key part of the PPC auditing experience, Vizion will take a close look at KPIs and use that analysis to offer recommendations to improve performance. Using the information we’ve gathered through our detailed KPI analysis, we’ll determine exactly which factors are in need of adjustments.
At Vizion, we have an incredibly thorough auditing process, allowing us to see the full picture of your PPC campaign. We tailor our PPC audits to your business, with a general process flow as you will see below.
We’ll begin the onboarding stage of your PPC audit with a kickoff call. Through this call, we are able to have an in-depth Q&A with you, helping us to learn more important details about your business. No two businesses are the same, and they certainly aren’t going to share the same goals. By getting a clearer idea of your business’s needs and goals, the digital marketing team at Vizion will be able to tailor your PPC audit to your company’s needs.
Keeping what we’ve learned during the kickoff call in mind, the digital marketers at Vizion will get to work on your PPC audit. First, our PPC specialists will take a careful look at your PPC campaign from the account level. At this level, we’ll focus on a number of areas —account settings, audience settings, conversion tracking, and conversion types.
After Vizion has gathered information at the account level, we’ll move on to the campaign level, taking a close look at your PPC campaigns. This involves digging into campaign types, campaign structure, and campaign settings.
As the final phase of the audit, we will look at campaign targeting. This phase is broken into three channels, which are:
- Search – We’ll take a look at relevant keywords, audiences (including retargeting and affinity), demographics, and devices. Vizion will also perform a negative keyword analysis and provide your business with recommendations.
- Display and social media – We will look into keywords, audiences (including affinity, custom audiences, in-market, and retargeting), content, placement, demographic, and location targeting, exclusions, devices, and finally, bid strategies.
- Ads and creative – Our digital marketers will review ad copy, ad formats, and landing pages.
Vizion will put together smart, clear, and actionable insights. We will deliver a wide variety of information related to your PPC ad campaigns, giving you a candid look at our findings and an understanding of how we’ve come to certain conclusions. Finally, we’ll go over any potential for optimization that we’ve located.
What Is a PPC Audit?
A PPC audit evaluates the effectiveness of your paid advertising strategy. PPC, or pay-per-click, advertisements are a staple in the modern world of digital marketing. Using the results of the audit, businesses will be able to determine optimization opportunities, allowing them to get an even better return on investment. Periodic audits are important to ensuring the continued success of a PPC ad campaign. Paid search is rapidly changing, so it’s important for your business to stay on top of its PPC strategy.
Why Should You Audit Your PPC Advertising Campaigns?
If you’re managing a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign, it’s vital that you’re performing regular audits to check in on your progress. Chances are, there will always be some small tweaks you could make to your campaign to improve performance and boost sales for your business. By receiving an audit, you’ll be able to pinpoint exactly where those potential tweaks are and make the necessary improvements to your PPC campaign.
How Do You Do a PPC Audit?
If you’re looking to receive a thorough PPC audit that provides your business with a variety of optimization opportunities, it’s best to have your campaign reviewed by a professional. Experienced digital marketers, such as those at Vizion, have the trained eye needed to perform an in-depth audit. During a comprehensive PPC audit, a number of factors must be accounted for. For example, a PPC audit of a Google Ads account could look something like this:
● Account basics - The auditor may look at organization, conversion tracking, and Google Analytics.
● Campaigns - Are the current settings correct, and what bidding strategies are being used?
● Targeting - What locations, devices, and audiences are being targeted by your PPC campaign? Is there a need to adjust your location bids?
● Ad groups and messaging - How does the organization of your campaign look? Have any of your advertisements been disapproved? Is your messaging error-free and consistent?
● Ad formats and campaign types - What formats and types are you currently using? How is your PPC campaign using ad and promotion extensions, Dynamic Search Ads (DSAs), shopping campaigns, display remarketing campaigns, and remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA)?
● Keywords - What keywords are you targeting, and what’s their current quality score? How about keyword match types? Is your negative keyword list complete?
How Often Should You Audit Your PPC Campaigns?
Due to the rapidly shifting landscape of paid search, it’s best to have your PPC campaigns comprehensively audited once every fiscal quarter. In addition, it’s important to optimize campaigns monthly. This way, you should be able to keep your PPC campaign up-to-date and at its most effective.
Case Study: Film Studio Client PPC
The client was struggling to optimize their Paid Search campaigns based on iTunes Downloads. By optimizing campaigns and using those learnings across multiple home entertainment titles, the conversion rate increased 400% (from 0.29% in Q1 to 1.45% in Q2).