In case you missed it, we have the highlights from Google Marketing Live 2023! The event showcased Google’s latest advertising products and features, and featured speakers from Google and its partners. Of course, just like Google’s other recent event: Google I/O 2023, this one was all about (you guessed it) generative Ai! And as Phillip Schindler, Senior Vice President, Chief Business Officer at Google put it, Google is “supercharging Search”.
Here are the scoop on what you need to know:
New Generative AI Features for Google Ads
Google announced a number of new generative AI features for Google Ads. These features will make it easier for advertisers to create customized product imagery, manage creative assets, improve ad relevancy, and scale campaigns.
For example, Google Ads now offers a new AI-powered tool called “Product Studio” that allows advertisers to create high-quality, AI-generated images of their products. This can be a valuable tool for businesses that want to create more engaging and visually appealing ads.
Merchant Center Next
Google also announced the launch of Merchant Center Next. Merchant Center Next is a new version of Merchant Center that provides a unified view of all products, making it easier for merchants to manage their product inventory across channels.
Merchant Center Next also offers a number of new features that can help merchants improve their product listings, including:
- Enhanced product descriptions
- Improved product images
- More detailed product information
These new features can help merchants improve their search engine ranking and drive more traffic to their websites.
Other New Features and Products
In addition to the new generative AI features for Google Ads and the launch of Merchant Center Next, Google also announced a number of other new features and products, including:
- Brand restrictions in broad match: Advertisers can now restrict their broad match keywords to prevent their ads from showing up for searches that include their brand name. This can help prevent advertisers from wasting their ad spend on irrelevant clicks.
- AI in Smart Bidding: Google AI is now being used to improve the performance of Smart Bidding campaigns. Smart Bidding is a set of automated bidding strategies that can help advertisers get the most out of their ad spend.
- Google Product Studio: A new tool that allows advertisers to create AI-generated images of their products.
- Conversational AI for Google Ads: A new way to create campaigns using natural language. This can be a valuable tool for businesses that want to create more personalized and engaging ads.
- AI-powered assets that target search queries: Google AI will now be able to generate assets based on the user intent of an individual query. This can help advertisers create more relevant and engaging ads.
Google Marketing Live 2023 was a major event for the advertising industry, and it showcased Google’s commitment to innovation. The new features and products announced at the event will help advertisers reach their target audiences more effectively and efficiently.
Check out the full recap from Google, or catch the event on-demand here: