For Search Engine Optimization purposes, we need to continually get additional links to our web sites. In order to get more outgoing links to your web site from other trusted web sites, you might want to turn to a web site like LinkedIn. This site is an online networking tool that helps you discover inside connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts and business partners. Many of your employees might already be using LinkedIn as a networking tool. But they may not have links from their profiles to your web site.
By showing your employees (or adding your own links) to the LinkedIn profile, you can increase the number of links to your company’s web site. Here is how to add links to your LinkedIn profile. If you have not registered for LinkedIn, I suggest you do so now. If you do not have an account, you’ll need to register, confirm your email address, and start filling out your profile. For this simple task of adding links to your profile, I’m assuming that you already have a profile set up.
1. First, you need to log into Linkedin.
2. On the left side, you’ll see some links:
3. Click on the Profile link as shown below:
You should be seeing the “Edit My Profile” tab (not the “View My Profile” tab). This tab allows you to edit your profile.
4. Scroll down until you see the “Websites” link in the middle of the screen, as shown below:
If you have already added web sites to your profile, you can click on the “Edit” link to edit each one, f necessary.
5. Click on the “Websites” link. You will then be brought to the “Additional Information” section, as shown below:
6. Click on the “Edit” link there in order to add or edit the web sites you have listed in your profile. You are brought to the “Additional Information” page as shown below:
There are three links that you can add to your LinkedIn Profile. I highly suggest that you fill out all of the links, using the appropriate “anchor text” or “keywords” that describe each link. If you do not have more than one web site, then you might consider linking to your web site’s home page and two additional web pages on your web site, such as an important product page or your company’s “About Us” web page. You might also consider adding links to your social media or social networking profiles on other social media web sites, such as Twitter.com.